Embedded Software Engineer
Hardware | Up to £45k | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing product team and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a passionate team and have a big impact on the entire organisation.
You will use your microprocessor programming wizardry to build elegant IoT solutions for our range of EV chargepoints, using communications over MQTT to react in real-time to events published from our backoffice, and implementing the standards necessary to produce industry leading charge infrastructure.
The position will report into the Head of Hardware Engineering and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
- You’re always learning new technologies and looking to advance your skills
- You’re organised and detail-oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts
- You play well with others
- You get stuff done, but you also care about the quality of your work
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent understanding of C and C++
- Excellent knowledge of compiling, linking and flashing embedded software, including the use of emulators and JTAG
- Experience working with real-time control microprocessors and IDES such as TI Code Composer Studio/Eclipse
- Experience working or experimenting with a range of MCUs and their associated tool chains, such as TI, ARM, AVR or PIC.
- Understanding of embedded hardware and ability to review schematics and propose software solutions based upon these
- Experience working alongside hardware engineers and collaboratively finding solutions to complex problems
- Experience working with TDD frameworks such as CMocka
- Knowledge of all things Git/Github
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Experience of TI C2000 processors
- Experience with Wi-Fi and Cellular technologies
- Linux or RTOS experience
- Experience working with oscilloscopes and logic analysers for hardware debugging
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- A fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular)
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- An extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from)
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!