Senior Full Stack (PHP/JS) Developer
Software | £50,000 | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point everywhere anyone might park for an hour or more. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - that’s where you come in!
We like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
Role activities and responsibilities
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
As a developer at Pod Point, you will be working with the latest technology. Our current stack is PHP 7+, Laravel 5.4+, ES6, ReactJS, React Native, most of the AWS resources and HTML5/CSS3/SASS. Our software culture promotes code quality, following industry best practice coding standards and test coverage of our code. Each team member will also be involved in code reviews in order to build confidence in our Continuous Integration. We like our developers to bring new ideas to the table. If you believe there is a better solution, our Head of Software and CTO encourage open discussions.
Working closely with the marketing, sales, product development and installations teams to build elegant solutions that are maintainable, performant and of the highest possible quality; you will report into the Head of Software and will be based out of our offices near to Old Street Station in London
- You’re always learning new technologies and looking to advance your skills
- You’re organized and detail oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts
- You play well with others
- You get stuff done, but you also care about the quality of your work
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent understanding of PHP 7, working with frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, etc
- Excellent understanding of SQL and relational databases structures
- Excellent understanding of HTML & CSS/SASS
- Knowledge of systems architecture and web technologies, and exposure to scalable, distributed and real-time platforms
- Experience deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure (ideally using AWS Opsworks & Chef)
- Ability to review proposals, designs and specifications to ensure they are implementable, proposing suitable alternatives if necessary
- Experience working within development pipelines and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience working with TDD/BDD
- Experience working within an Agile software team (SCRUM)
- Guru of all things Git/Github
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Experience working with Craft CMS or Twig templates
- Experience with Selenium/Web driver/Nightwatch.js in-browser testing
- Experience with React Native
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electricAt Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- A fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular)
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- An extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from)
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle
- Top Spec equipment (laptop, EVs, Systems)
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!