Full Stack (PHP/JS) Developer
Software | £35k - £50k | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point everywhere anyone might park for an hour or more. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - that’s where you come in!
We like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
Due to rapid growth and investment in the expansion of our business, Pod Point is looking for an exceptional Full Stack Developer to join our growing Software team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a passionate team and have a big impact on the entire organisation.
Working closely with the marketing, sales, product development and installations teams to build elegant solutions that are maintainable, performant and of the highest possible quality; you will report into the Head of Software and will be based out of our offices near to Old Street Station in London
- You’re always learning new technologies and looking to advance your skills
- You’re organized and detail oriented enough to manage projects with many moving parts
- You play well with others
- You get stuff done, but you also care about the quality of your work
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent understanding of PHP 7, Laravel 5.3 & MySQL
- Knowledge of systems architecture and web technologies, and exposure to scalable, distributed and real-time platforms
- Experience deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure (ideally using Chef)
- Ability to review proposals, designs and specifications to ensure they are implementable, proposing suitable alternatives if necessary
- Experience working within development pipelines and continuous integration/delivery
- Experience working with TDD/BDD
- Guru of all things Git/Github
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience working with Craft CMS or Twig templates
- Experience with Selenium/Web driver/Nightwatch.js in-browser testing
- Experience with React Native
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also have a casual dress code, free snacks and drinks, a fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular), ground-breaking projects to work on, 25 days holiday, a pension scheme, a bike to work scheme, an Electric Vehicle fleet for you to use (and EV charge points installed at the office), discounted gym membership, an extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from), flexible working hours and, of course, the odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
Pod Point is an equal opportunities employer, although you must be legally able to work in UK.