Technical Sales | Up to £35k + bonus p.a. | West Midlands
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Salesperson with a strong technical background to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals.
As one of our Technical Sales Managers, you will be building relationships with B2B clients and selling into Workplaces, Car Dealerships and Retail Locations whilst carrying out site feasibility surveys where you will be assessing electrical systems and identifying the scope of works of the installation. You will need the ability to pick up complex technical information quickly, and be able to relay this to customers in an easy to understand way. You will work closely with the Sales and Installs teams, to ensure the entire process for a customer is completely friction free, and consistently hitting, and ultimately improving our current SLAs.
The position will report into the Head of Technical Sales and will be based remotely in the West Midlands area.
What you’ll do
- Sell solutions into businesses, identifying customers’ needs whilst offering the best practices and the most cost effective solutions for electric vehicle charging points
- Assess electrical systems, giving advice to clients on electrical headroom, advising how many charging points they are able to install and future provision
- Advise the design and the scope of works of the installation, where we will run the cables and if groundworks are required
- Estimate the design of the installation, offering a full key turn solution to your clients
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years’ experience in a technical sales role
- A proven track record in exceeding sales targets
- Outstanding presentation skills; the confidence to present the material, with the technical capability to take questions and discuss afterwards
- Driven and self-motivated, with the ability to demonstrate successful remote working capabilities
- The ability to work collaboratively with the rest of the team; excellent communication and meticulous attention to detail is a must
What’s “Nice to have” but not essential
- Qualification in Engineering or similar (OND/HND/Degree etc.)
- A strong understanding of electronics and electrical systems
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV and/or sustainability industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!