Front End Developer
Software | £50,000 | Old Street, Shoreditch, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Front End Developer to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a passionate team and have a big impact on the entire organisation.
Working closely with the marketing, sales, product development and customer support teams to build elegant solutions that are maintainable, performant and of the highest possible quality; you will report into the Head of Software and will be based out of our offices near to Old Street Station in London
Role activities and responsibilities
- Work within our thriving software team to effectively contribute to our projects such as our mobile app, website, emails and back office systems.
- Write tested and maintainable code following industry’s coding standards and best practices.
- Implementing the designs with a keen focus on UI and UX.
- Work with the marketing team to build and implement email templates.
- Contribute to the improvement of integration and internal tools.
- Help the team to improve our frontend process.
- Maintain our legacy products.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent experience of HTML5, CSS, SASS, Gulp or similar.
- Knowledge of Unit testing, Functional testing, git and SOLID principles.
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Travis, Jenkins or similar.
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in Software Engineering or Similar
- Experience deploying to AWS cloud infrastructure
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- A fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular)
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- An extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from)
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!