Senior Business Development Manager - New Business
Sales | £45k basic, OTE up to £70k (uncapped) | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point everywhere anyone might park for an hour or more. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - that’s where you come in!
We like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative and data-oriented Senior Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Sales and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
Role activities and responsibilities
- Defining the strategy for growth through the channel
- Developing new relationships with prospective strategic customers in order to drive revenue and growth
- Negotiating deals and contracts
- Networking with, and presenting to senior management teams
- Working with the marketing team to define optimal solutions and marketing within the channel
- Acting as the liaison between customers and internal teams ensuring clients’ requirements are met
- Ensuring you are up-to-date with internal and external developments, and suggesting new ways to increase sales
- Reporting directly to division head on forecasting, growth and necessary channel performance
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience in developing (from scratch) lasting business relationships with large, national businesses
"Nice to have" but not essential
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a business development / national account management role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid sales and customer service skills
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- A fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular)
- Pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- An extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from)
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!