Technical Support Engineer
Network Assurance | Up to £25k p.a. | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an exceptional 2nd Line Support professional to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a passionate team and have a big impact on the entire organisation. You will collaborate with the team to insure that Pod Point’s network achieves the highest levels of network reliability and uptime. You will work closely with the other team members to provide solutions to our customers and clients which ensure top notch product reliability; you will report into the Network Assurance Manager and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
What you’ll do
- Provide technical support for the Pod Point charging network, handling incoming calls that are raised as a level 2 support issue
- Escalate problems and provide detailed handovers to 3rd line support when necessary
- Log all information accurately and in a timely manner whilst building rapport with internal members of staff
- Work closely with the Customer Support team as well as the Technical (Product) teams
- Organise remote Electricians to resolve issues and assist in fault finding
- Ensure tickets are properly managed, and that notes are kept up to date
- Continuously participate in creating tools and processes which increase the number of issues which can be resolved by the Level 1 support team
- Continuously improve and develop the efficiency of your own processes
What you’ll need
- Previous experience in a technical support role
- Familiar with Google Drive, Docs and Sheets and experience working with a range of systems including a CRM system (ideally Salesforce)
- A strong interest in technology, and the ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Strong attention to detail
What’s “Nice to have” but not essential
- Previous experience in electrical field servicing
- Familiar with Salesforce
- Good understanding of electronics and electrical components
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!