Senior Business Development Manager - Workplace
Sales | £45k basic, OTE up to £70k (uncapped) | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point everywhere anyone might park for an hour or more. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - that’s where you come in!
We like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
Due to rapid growth and investment in the expansion of our business, Pod Point is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to find, approach, nurture, build and retain large national employer accounts across the UK.
The position will report into the Head of Sales - Workplace and will be based at Pod Point HQ, just off Old Street roundabout in London.
Role activities and responsibilities
- Developing new relationships with prospective strategic customers in order to drive revenue & growth
- Negotiating deals and contracts
- Networking with, and presenting to senior management in large, nationwide employers
- Working with the marketing team to define optimal solutions and marketing within the channel
- Acting as the liaison between customers & internal teams ensuring clients requirements are met
- Ensuring you are up-to-date with internal and external developments and suggest new ways to increase sales
- Reporting directly to division head on forecasting, growth & necessary channel performance
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience in developing (from scratch) lasting business relationships with large, national employers.
Desirable skills and experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in a business development role, with proven National Account Management experience too
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Solid sales & customer service
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also have a casual dress code, free snacks and drinks, a fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular), ground-breaking projects to work on, 25 days holiday, a pension scheme, a bike to work scheme, an Electric Vehicle fleet for you to use (and EV charge points installed at the office), discounted gym membership, an extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from), flexible working hours and, of course, the odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
Pod Point is an equal opportunities employer, although you must be legally able to work in UK.