Marketing Communications Manager (12 month fixed-term contract)
Marketing | Up to £40k | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for a proactive self-starter to jump on board and help make sure the world knows who we are, what we’re doing and what we stand for.
This is a 12-month contract for maternity leave cover and the position will report into the Head of Marketing. You’ll be based out of our office near Old Street Station in London.
What you’ll do
You’ll be focused on making more people aware of our mission, creating demand for our charging solutions and enhancing sales efforts to win and expand key accounts.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing Pod Point’s PR activity, media relations and co-ordination with commercial partners’ communications agencies.
- Delivering multi-channel awareness campaigns to create demand among our target markets.
- Working with teammates to launch new products and features.
- Organising events and speaking engagements.
- Managing internal communications (so that everyone inside Pod Point knows what we’re doing too).
- Creating content to support your teammates’ and own campaigns (incl. whitepapers, case studies, blog posts, press releases and industry reports).
- Monitoring and reporting on comms activity and campaign KPIs, as well as communicating wins and progress to the wider company.
- Development of our written communication style and tone of voice.
As part of an agile marketing team, you’ll also get the opportunity to work outside your core areas of expertise, picking up new skills in the process.
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years experience in a marketing communications (or equivalent) role where you consistently secured national, regional and trade media coverage.
- An understanding of both B2B and B2C marketing practices.
- A track record of delivering campaigns that create demand and drive leads (or equivalent conversions), from concept to execution.
- Experience creating content to support communication and demand generation activities.
- First-class communication skills, natural story-telling ability and flawless written English.
- Experience managing senior stakeholders.
- A passion for learning new skills and getting involved in activities outside your core area when extra hands are needed.
- The ability to measure your work and demonstrate its impact.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Experience working with SEO, social media marketers, B2B sales teams and product marketers.
- Experience working in a startup or high growth technology company.
- Working knowledge of inbound and/or account-based marketing frameworks.
- Experience working in an agile environment as part of an Agile team (eg. using Scrum/Kanban).
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV and/or sustainability industry.
- Fluent in Norwegian.
- A dog you can bring into the office.
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!