Electrical Qualifying Supervisor
Operations | Salary £35 - £50k | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Electrical Qualifying Supervisor to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Field Operations Manager and will be based out of our office near Old Street Station in London.
What you'll do
- Monitor and countersign Electrical Test certificates for works carried out by our installation electricians.
- Identify and undertake planned and unexpected audits of Electrical works periodically with the field team, at necessary intervals.
- Provide technical support, guidance and tool box talks to our in-house team.
- To provide technically sound knowledge, support and guidance to office based planners and project managers.
- Maintain the NICEIC registration, including overseeing the annual NICEIC assessment.
- Manage, mentor and support our engineers - ensuring that all works are carried out in a timely fashion to a satisfactory standard and checking this via post-inspection.
- Ensure testing and inspection is carried out in accordance to the companies agreed procedures.
- Champion our health and safety culture.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation to ensure the rectification of such issues is completed to a satisfactory standard in a timely manner.
- Ensure all customer queries are followed up accurately and provide technical knowledge and support where possible
- To ensure our field team are trained and qualified for the levels of work we undertake.
What you'll need
- Be conversant with a mixture of Office based routines and be capable of undertaking site inspections, quotations, surveys.
- Have good IT skills, Office, Electronic Electrical Certificate software knowledge and a genuine willingness to develop these areas.
- Be a fully qualified and experienced electrician with a solid understanding of current wiring regulations. Must be qualified to at least 17th edition, with desire to achieve 18th edition. Must be fully conversant with EICR testing requirements.
- A clean driver’s licence is necessary.
What's "Nice to have" but not essential
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV and/or sustainability industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!