Senior Technical Buyer
Supply Chain | Up to £45k p.a. | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Technical Buyer to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Supply Chain and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
Role activities and responsibilities
- Achieve quarterly product cost out targets for our products
- Onboard new suppliers with all the relevant T&Cs we need, and at the minimum achievable cost
- Reduce the cost of our manufactured and procured products by 5% with zero change in functionality in the first quarter
- Reduce the cost of our manufactured and procured products by 20% with zero change in functionality in the first year
- Ensure at least 90% of all our key suppliers have up to date supply agreements with us
- Work with the Hardware team to explore and deliver design-based cost opportunities
- Work with the Supply Chain team to look at internal stores activities, and manage our physical stock situation (notably offloading this to external suppliers based on cost and other deliverables)
- Work with Operations team to process and manage orders
- Help facilitate, and participate in, Perpetual Inventory on a regular basis
- Occasional travel within the UK and overseas
Essential skills and experience
- Significant experience in identifying, assessing, shortlisting, and selecting suppliers from around the world in an electro-mechanical product manufacturing environment
- Success in achieving an ongoing supply chain cost out in a electro-mechanical product manufacturing environment
- Success in negotiating and agreeing advantageous supply agreements
- Have implemented and managed a wide variety of tier 2 supply agreements
- Significant experience working with a product development function in order to optimise new products for cost
- Multiple years of experience buying electro-mechanical components
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- A fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular)
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- An extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from)
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!