Electrical Project Manager
Operations | Up to £45k p.a. | Old Street Station, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Electrical Project Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Commercial Operations Team Manager and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
What you'll do
- Accurately price work based on surveys completed by our field team
- Find innovative solutions to reduce costs
- Project Planning
- Plan commercial installation work to minimise cost, and maximise customer satisfaction and safety
- Project Management
- Manage all aspects of our installation work across both our in-house teams and subcontract teams
- Evaluate our performance against key KPIs
- Constantly seek to improve our performance
- Subcontract work
- Produce quote packs
- Assess and select subcontractors
- Manage contracts to ensure time, cost, quality and safety KPIs are met
- Assess the performance of contractors
- In-house installs
- Plan our work
- Manage the on site actions of our teams
- Ensure our teams meet our time, cost, quality and safety KPIs
- Assess the performance of our in-house teams
What you'll need
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Previous experience of managing commercial installs, small and large, with civil and electrical elements using both in-house and subcontract field teams
- Keen focus on Health and Safety
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident talking to key project stakeholders
- Comfortable working with numbers and data
- Calm under pressure and able to make decisions quickly
- Degree educated
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- ECS / CSCS cardholder
- SMSTS Certification
- Project Management qualification
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!