Junior Technical Internal Recruiter
Talent | Up to £30k p.a. | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative and highly intelligent Sourcer to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals.
Our number one commitment to our Pod Pointers is that we will surround them with the best colleagues possible. To do this we need a sourcing superstar to improve our time-to-hire by building a better talent pipeline. We’ve already expanded rapidly over the past few years, growing our team to over 150 people, often without any external help, and we want to continue this impressive growth trajectory.
This position will report into the Talent Manager and will be based out of our office near Old Street Station in London.
What you’ll do
- Work with hiring managers and talent team to define role requirements
- Source candidates for tough-to-fill roles like Software Developers, Senior Sales Managers and leadership hires
- Develop a pool of engaged, passive candidates (across all teams in business from junior to senior level) that allows us to have a constant funnel of great talent without always relying on advertising individual roles
- Help improve diversity across all teams in the business
- Be an ambassador for our outstanding culture to potential candidates and ensure everyone has a great impression of Pod Point
- Advertise roles on the Pod Point careers site and across as many job websites as possible
- Build our employer brand and increase the reach of our job adverts through social media platforms
- Identify events and meetups to attend, and assist with organising and exhibiting at those events
- Investigate and develop new methods for spreading the word about Pod Point
What you’ll need
- Experience building and nurturing a pipeline of passive candidates (you probably already have a little black book of names that would be worth speaking to)
- Comfortable using Boolean searches, LinkedIn Recruiter, advertising sites, CV databases, etc
- Previous experience of sourcing software development roles
- Ability to spot the right profile for the right position
- Organised and able to manage high volumes of candidates
- Able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and overcome difficult problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication (and persuasion) skills
- Some experience in social media marketing
What’s “nice to have” but not essential
- Previous experience working across a wide range of roles
- Previous experience of sourcing for sales roles
- Previous experience of working in a tech startup / SME
- Previous experience in a recruitment agency environment
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!