Senior Business Development Manager - Automotive Dealership Groups
Sales | £45k basic, OTE up to £70k (uncapped) | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative and data-oriented Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals by developing long-term, strategic partnerships with Automotive Dealership Groups. The position will report into the Head of Sales and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
Role activities and responsibilities
- Defining the strategy for growth through large dealer groups
- Engaging and activating dealer groups
- Developing new relationships and negotiating contracts with prospective strategic customers in order to drive revenue and growth
- Networking with, and presenting to senior stakeholders (both clients and internal)
- Keeping the individual dealerships enthused through regular engagement with sales managers
- Acting as the liaison between dealerships and internal teams, ensuring your clients’ needs are met
- Ensuring you are up-to-date with internal and external developments, and suggesting new ways to increase sales
- Reporting directly to the Head of Sales on forecasting, growth and necessary channel performance
Essential skills and experience
- Strong commercial experience – must be able to demonstrate where you have made different commercial models fit the client / business need
- Previous experience in developing (from scratch) lasting business relationships with large, national businesses
- Previous experience of managing large accounts
- The ability to quickly learn and talk confidently about a technical product
- The ability to bring together a solution and coordinate moving parts to get sales, operations, development, marketing and finance all working together
- Strong presentation skills – should have experience of presenting to small, medium and large groups on a regular basis
- A good networker capable of engaging throughout the entire OEMs chain i.e. manufacturers, dealer groups, dealerships and individual sales people
“Nice to have” (but not essential)
- Experience managing a team – doesn’t need to be line management but can be a ‘Project Team’ e.g. working on a large tender
- Previous experience in the automotive OEMs / dealerships sector
- Solid sales and customer service skills
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- An extensive library
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!