Supply Chain Coordinator
Supply Chain | Up to £25k p.a. | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative person with a couple of years’ experience working in a supply chain management, manufacturing or project management position, in an area which involves electronic products to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Supply Chain Manager and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
Role activities and responsibilities
- Receive and process customer orders from our sales team
- Interface with our manufacturing partners to ensure products are built and delivered in line with our build schedule
- Ensure the correct products are delivered to our internal and external customers
- Performance tracking Pod Points subcontractors
- Ensure the correct level of stock is held at all times throughout our supply chain (including a network of storage locations across the UK)
- Responsible for monthly stock checks at Pod Point HQ, sub-contractions, 3rd parties and installers
- Maintain housekeeping in Pod Point HQ stores
- Manage and maintain correct level of safety stock for the installers in line with monthly and quarterly trends.
- Arrange bespoke shipping when needed to support events / installations / maintenance work
- Minimise the lead time on our products
- Maximise the future flexibility of our supply chain
- Handle exceptions – component shortages, build issues, etc.
- Create, and maintain a database of best prices for the components used in Pod Point products
- Constantly re-negotiate on improving Pod Point’s logistics process in terms of cost and delivery
- Keep effective customer communication
- Provide cover / back up to the Supply Chain team.
- Work closely internally with cross functional teams i.e. Ops , Sales , Marketing etc.
Essential skills and experience
- Be super organised and be able to take initiative
- Love dealing with customers and suppliers
- A strategic thinker capable of identifying, resolving, documenting, and preventing recurrence of issues
- Reliable, tolerant and determined
- Computer literate, particularly with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience in a Supply Chain / Logistics role (1 year min)
“Nice to have” but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Logistics, Supply Chain
- Experience using Salesforce
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- A fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular)
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- An extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from)
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!