Product | Up to £50k per annum | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative UX/UI Designer to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. You should have a fantastic understanding of user-centered and web design principles, and be able to design intuitive UX solutions that enhance our suite of products and elegantly meet our users needs.
The position will report into the Head of Product and will be based out of our office near Old Street Station in London.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for UX/UI across multiple projects within the business, including web, mobile apps, internal systems and B2B platforms
- Create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts and ideas
- Continually monitor the usability of new and existing products and make suggestions for improvement
- With the help of the Product Team, conduct workshops & user testing sessions to capture requirements and explore solutions
- Constantly look for ways to improve the product design process and work better as a team
- Create clear documentation and functional specs for development where necessary
- Aim to always produce the best user experience for our customers using our products
- Strong ability to propose intuitive and engaging experiences for different groups of users
- Proven track record working across multiple products
- Fantastic experience building wireframes and working prototypes to prove design concepts and test user flows
- Experience running user testing sessions, workshops and focus groups
- Have a strong sense of composition, typography and colour
- Be extremely proficient with UX/UI tools like Sketch, Whimsical, Framer
- Experience using data and analytics to help drive product improvements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Design or related area
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent understanding of web development practices in order to produce realistic UX components
What’s “Nice to have” but not essential
- A dog that you can bring into the office
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV and/or sustainability industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!